FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edge & speed blur

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Lockwood
Edge & speed blur
on May 12, 2010 at 5:08:59 pm

Hello Experts,

I recently purchased Steves Moving with Motion DVD and loved it.! very helpful. I have created a Motion project which was filmed in HDV 1080i 60. My motion project is created in the same format. I have some text, company logo's, and a partical effect happening in 3D. After I export the project I am getting a blur or "jerky" type look around the edges of my logo, video clip and text. Especially during the times when the Motion camera is zooming around the screen.

Please help, I am a new Cow Member.!

Brad

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Edge & speed blur
on May 12, 2010 at 6:54:20 pm

Brad, thanks for supporting the COW and for purchasing my Motion training DVD. Will you please try this:
-Import the Motion project file into Motion. Render it out and see how it looks. If you still don't like it select your sequence in the bin and go up to Sequence, Settings. Click on the Render Control tab and change the Quality to Best. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Brad Lockwood
on May 12, 2010 at 9:05:20 pm

Thanks so much Steve,

I purchased your other DVD Money Making Graphics today. Looking forward to it.! I had my render set to normal instead of best. Project looks much better. Couple more questions... When exporting my final project should I use compressor or export directly from Motion.? And my video was filmed in HDV 1080i 60 so sould I use the same compression to export.? What compression will give me the best quality during export.? I read several threads on DVCPRO and 10 Bit Uncompressed. Your thoughts.?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 12, 2010 at 10:06:35 pm

I like to import my Motion project files into FCP. If they are to big and take forever to render then I export them out as a Quicktime Animation video. I never use Compressor to get clips out of Motion. Compressor is great for the final destination of the whole video. At least that is how I see it, I'm sure others will have different opinions.

If you are looking for a good setting for text and logos HDV or DV are not the best. I usually go with the "DVCPRO HD 1080i60" preset. But that also happens to be the format that we usually shot at work. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]