FORUMS: list search recent posts

text not showing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Ford
text not showing
on May 11, 2010 at 3:32:20 pm

hi have copied a text layer about 18x and done the same with an active camera. i can see the camera movement and the text animation is moving (if highlighted) but cannot see the text when playing back the timeline. it's like it is coloured black but it isn't. any suggestions?

HDV 720 25p - setting
Sunflower - livefont
active camera

if i don't make any sense i apologise, i don;t really know how else to explain it.

really appreciate any help...Thank You.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: text not showing
on May 11, 2010 at 3:37:57 pm

Check the position of the text. It is probably behind something. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Michael Ford
on May 11, 2010 at 4:37:04 pm

hi and thank you. unfortunately i have already tried that.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 11, 2010 at 10:23:40 pm

Can you post the project file?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

zak peric
on May 12, 2010 at 6:44:11 am

do you have lights in your project. if so switch them off, for the moment and see if this helps.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on May 12, 2010 at 4:37:48 pm

"i have copied a text layer about 18x and done the same with an active camera."

You copied a camera 18 times? What for?

Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Ford
on May 12, 2010 at 9:10:06 pm

Hi

I have managed to get around the problem by creating a .mov file for every text and will assemble it as i need in FCP.

i copied the camera cause i needed the keyframes to be the same for every text change. there is probably a way to do so but i am not too familiar with motion as i need to be, but i have a very short deadline.

Thank you for your suggestions and concern.

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Schmidt
Re: text not showing - Apple Motion file imported into Final Cut
on May 18, 2010 at 1:18:43 am

Hi all,

I am having a very similar problem, but possibly even simpler. Please help.

Basically, the title cards I created in Motion do not display after being rendered in Final Cut. They display properly before being rendered, as when I place my cursor on a frame of the title in the timeline, but not afterwards, neither when I place my cursor on a still frame or when played back in real time. It's crazy. What am I doing wrong?

Some facts: I am running Final Cut 6.0.4 and Motion 3.0 on my MacBook with OS 10.4.11. I am using FCP sequence preset "Apple ProRes 422 1920x1080 24p 48 kHz." (For those who don't know, this is actually 23.98 fps.) Motion did not offer a ProRes preset, so I created a new "custom" preset replicating the specs from the FCP sequence preset. Could this be where I went wrong? If so, does anyone know of a ProRes plug-in for Motion?

In addition, I've checked my timeline to ensure nothing is covering the titles. I've also checked my .motn files to make sure the lighting is turned off. Changing and altering both of these things did not change the end result.

I should mention, these are very simple title cards, and one end credit scroll, white text on a black background. With the exception of the scroll, completely static. Simple. All pop-on, pop-off, and one fades up and pops off. Again, they look fine when unrendered, placement, size, etc., in one instance the text overlays the image in the FCP timeline, but when rendered the text disappears. (In the case of the overlay, the image looks fine, unaltered, just no text.) Any ideas?

As always, thanks much,
Michael

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on May 18, 2010 at 2:19:02 am

You say you are using a MacBook. Final Cut Studio is not supported on a MacBook.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Michael Schmidt
on May 18, 2010 at 3:07:46 pm

Thanks for your quick response, Mark.

Ouch! Yeah, I'm on a MacBook. Things seem to work fine, generally, but I guess Motion rendering must be a limitation of my system. I tried an upgrade last night to no avail.

Michael

Return to posts index

Sheila Melissa Maniego
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:04:05 am

i see that the thread is from last year but i'm having the same problem currently... you say FCS is not supported by MacPro. Sorry, I'm new to all this but ---

i use a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.7 with a Final Cut Pro 7.0.3...

is there a work-around i can do to accomplish overlaying text over footage please?

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]