FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV Footage & Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glidewell
HDV Footage & Motion
on May 9, 2010 at 7:47:58 am

I've just switched from SD to HDV workflow. I'm capturing right from my Canon XH-A1, using HDV 108060i preset to capture. Everything works great in FC. Then I sent a slug from my timeline in FC to Motion and exported some clips from my timeline in FC to my hard drive and then imported them into my motion project, and man motion just dose not like the HDV footage. I cant get it to playback in motion more then 6-10 FPS and I can't get a ram preview more then 400 Frames long. So i went back to FC and selected my clips again but this time I sent them to compressor and converted them to Apple ProRes and then to my hard drive and then imported them into my motion project, and wallah same thing it still wont play back more then 6fps. What is the right way to work with HD footage in motion. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: HDV Footage & Motion
on May 10, 2010 at 3:39:13 pm

I don't think it's a codec issue. It sounds like you're asking too much from your disk transfer speed or your processor(s).

What are your system specs? How is your media attached? (System drive? Internal? External? How connected?)

Return to posts index

Tim Glidewell
Re: HDV Footage & Motion
on May 10, 2010 at 6:20:07 pm

Mark

I'm using a 24" Imac Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. My media is on external 1 TB LaCie hard drive connected via firewire 800. There's 145 GB left on my internal drive and about 250 left on the external drive. I have 4 GB ram on 24" imac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]