FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Video to a TV screen in Motion 3

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Peterson
Adding Video to a TV screen in Motion 3
on May 7, 2010 at 4:00:59 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to add video to a TV screen in a scene I shot. I didn't use green screen and the shot zooms into the tv. So far I have added it using the motion tracker behavior. It looks ok, but I think it could be better. What I want to do is apply a matte around the TV screen and remove it blur the edges a little and place it over the other shot with the video I already added so it looks more natural. I have done this in the past in FCP and got good results. But that shot wasn't moving. Is there a way to do this in Motion? Can I track the matte like I did the video? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Adding Video to a TV screen in Motion 3
on May 7, 2010 at 4:20:05 pm

Sure, just apply the same tracking data to the mask.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jeff Peterson
on May 7, 2010 at 4:43:46 pm

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Peterson
on May 8, 2010 at 2:34:04 pm

So far I can't figure out how to apply the same tracking data to the mask.

Return to posts index

matthew bradshaw
on May 8, 2010 at 8:58:28 pm

Hi, I would ... add an analyse motion behaviour to the tv. Choose a couple of high contrast tracking points. One for position and one for scale (and rotation?). Track the tv. Then go to the beginning or end of your clip and add the mask and fill and position them so that they look natural. Then add the match move behaviour to each. Drag the analyse motion data into the source well in the match move behaviour for each. In the match move behaviour choose which track you want for origin (position) and rotation and scale. Then choose which attributes you want to affect (positon and scale and perhaps rotation). Do this for both mask and fill or just copy the match move behaviour from one to the other and you should be good to go. I am not sitting behind motion right now but I think that is pretty much it. If not there are quite a few tutorials out there.
Good luck, Matt.

Return to posts index

Jeff Peterson
on Jun 2, 2010 at 2:17:35 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jun 2, 2010 at 3:38:24 pm

Exactly, you create a mask on the TV with one of the masking tools, and you track the mask to the TV just like the video.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]