FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rain?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaz Wren
Rain?
on May 5, 2010 at 12:49:01 pm

Hi all,
I've built a 3D scene in Motion 4 and am looking to add some rain to the scene now. I've tried the preset particles in Motion, but nothing's took my fancy.
Any advice on where I can find some good particles / stock footage of rain? Or would I be better shooting some actual rain and finding the right blend mode to composite it into my scene?

I also have access to Shake and am currently learning as i go along, would I be better off dropping my Motion project into Shake and applying the rain node in there?

Hope this makes some kind of sense :)
Any advice appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Chaz

Return to posts index

Chaz Wren
Re: Rain?
on May 5, 2010 at 2:47:03 pm

Thanks for the link! That's awesome! Will check when I get a few mins this evening after work.
I noticed it's an 'AE' tutorial. Whilst I do have access to AE, I'd much prefer to finish this scene in Motion or Shake if poss.

Any tips?
Thanks again :)
Chaz

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
on May 5, 2010 at 2:56:58 pm

The tool (AE) is different but the strategy is the same.

Return to posts index

Chaz Wren
on May 5, 2010 at 3:00:55 pm

Beautiful!!
Music to my ears amigo!!
Will check the second I get home!!
Thanks again :)

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Burt Hazard
on May 5, 2010 at 11:08:20 pm

Also, there's a Rain macro on the Shake installer disk in the "Cookbook" macros folder (Image Macros>Rain Macro) which you could install and play around with.

The funny thing is, rain (drops, at least) are actually one of the few effects that is harder to shoot practically, of course since water droplets are transparent. It can be done, but it usually isn't that dramatic. (For instance there are scenes of the Ben Stiller EXTRAS episode that were shot while it was actually raining but you literally can't tell.)

Return to posts index

Chaz Wren
on May 6, 2010 at 12:49:13 am

Cannot thank you enough dude!!
Have completely over looked the entire cookbook folder!!
Awesome!! Just awesome!! Having fun already :)
Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]