FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paint stroke / ink bleed effect speed

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Baldino
Paint stroke / ink bleed effect speed
on Apr 26, 2010 at 5:36:54 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can change the speed parameter for the animated brush stroke effect that Stephen Smith talks about in his "painting with motion" tutorial? I want to use the effect as a lower 3rd, but I want to speed up the rate at which it draws itself. Maybe I'm really slow, but for the life of me I can't find the parameter in the inspector.

When I scrub through the timeline and look at the effect parameters on the left, none of the values seem to change. So what I'm wondering is, is the speed a fixed value? It seems like this should be so easy to fix, but I just can't find the parameter.

Any thoughts welcomed!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Paint stroke / ink bleed effect speed
on Apr 26, 2010 at 5:45:09 pm

It's the Last Point Offset that's being keyframed - bottom of the Style pane of the Shape Inspector. Choose Reveal in Keyframe Editor from the Animation menu. But easiest way to adjust it is to go the the Timeline, click the show/hide keyframes button at the bottom left if they aren't showing, and drag the right keyframe to adjust the timing.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 26, 2010 at 5:47:46 pm

Select the paint stroke. Go to the Keyframe Editor or select the show/hide keyframe button so the keyframes are showing in the timeline. Move the keyframe to adjust the speed and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

John Baldino
on Apr 26, 2010 at 6:34:27 pm

Awesome. That's it. That was so easy I should have been able to figure it out...but alas. The learning curve, as it were.

Thanks for the quick & helpful response guys. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]