FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wish my renderexports from M3 were smoother

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Wish my renderexports from M3 were smoother
on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:24:03 pm

Any tips on settings? My Motion 3 project is in an HD 720 format, I will be importing it into a final cut sequence, but haven't got that far yet, because after viweing the exported uncompressed movie file from Motion, I see my fling arrows do not move smoothly from key frame to keyframe, instead they stutter a little bit, the arrow tip surges a little bit.

I have already tried the animation codec, tried frame blending and motion blur both on and off, and still I'm not getting a rendered motion that's truly smooth. My background and camera animations are smooth, the arrows tracking across them are less so, is my problem.

My arrows were built using the bezier tool and I only keyframed the start and ending points from within the Shape control tab. I tried reducing keyframes for the arrow paths until I only have two or three. The five arrows track *pretty* smooth in previews, and I was expecting the full-rez renders to be perfect in that regard, but they are not. How are they going to form Voltron if they won't render steady!?!?!

Now rendering using the "graphics" setting in a 720 HD output. Renders are taking around a half hour or more for the 2 minute spot, so I can't play guess-and-press all day, instead, can you suggest some combination of favorite output settings that results in smoothest motion but most reasonable render time?

Thanks as always; you guys in this forum are always very responsive and it has helped me immensely on these projects.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Wish my renderexports from M3 were smoother
on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:26:00 pm

Anything?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:31:43 pm

Any way of posting the project file?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:37:41 pm

Sorry, no, can't this time. Any generic suggestions regarding output settings?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:44:03 pm

I recall an older post with a user having the same problem. When I got into his project file the weirdest thing was the solution to his problem. For some reason it was the Bezier tool was the problem. When I recreated one of the arrows withe the B-Spline instead of the Bezier tool it worked smooth like butter. I have no idea why, I just know that he re-build the other arrows with the B-spline tool and it fixed a jittery arrow problem. Just give it a try and see.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 19, 2010 at 9:45:48 pm

Wish I had asked for that advice back last Wednesday:-) I really thought that was just due to loew performance in low rez preview and somethign that would get cleared up byt the full quality render. If I get some time tomorrow, I may try your idea out. I don't fancy re-doing 3 days or so of work, though.:-(

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:08:39 pm

Sorry, all I can say is that it should not do that.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]