FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Drop Zone Shapes In Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Calhoun
Custom Drop Zone Shapes In Motion?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:32:12 pm

is there any way to create a custom shape in motion, then make the custom shape a drop zones? For example can I create a circle with feathered edges, then make this a drop zone to use as a template in final cut? I know you can do this in DVD Studio Pro, but haven't found a way to do it in Motion. Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Custom Drop Zone Shapes In Motion?
on Apr 15, 2010 at 1:59:49 am

Sure, just add a mask to the drop zone with whatever shape you choose.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jason Calhoun
on Apr 15, 2010 at 2:34:40 am

Your kidding? I feel dumb. I really wish the answer was something at least a little more complicated, and less in your face obvious. Oh well. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Michael Brock
on Jul 7, 2010 at 10:03:28 pm

In addition, is there a way to take a Motion template with drop zones, and bring that template into Studio Pro? I tried saving as a template and opening the template in Studio Pro but that did not work.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 7, 2010 at 11:41:40 pm

No - dropzones in Motion won't work as dropzones in DVDSP - but they don't need to. Just add the content you want to your dropzones in Motion, and bring the Motion project itself into DVDSP and apply it as a menu. If you want to change the content, just choose Open In Editor by right-clicking the Motion project in the Assets tab to launch Motion and swap out the content.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Michael Brock
on Jul 8, 2010 at 2:13:41 am

Oh ok well I will build my menus a different way. Just got hired and first order of business has been to create a DVD Studio Pro Project template that all of my coworkers can use and just throw clips in. Not everyone is a Motion and DVD Studio Pro expert so I was trying to templatize everything. THank you for the help! You saved me a bunch of fruitless searching. I had a backup design in mind so I will create that tomorrow.

Thanks again! I only hope that I can work up to the point where I am answering questions for other users.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]