FORUMS: list search recent posts

Progressing with my cube, but just need scale advice, then no more

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roli Rivelino
Progressing with my cube, but just need scale advice, then no more
on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:40:31 am

Sorry guys, just one more question on this then I'll work it all out myself (promise!).

Thanks to the help from the guys yesterday I am progressing in my cube building, I decided to build the squares in Motion, rather than photoshop (as I'm pretty rubbish at using that as well).

On the 3D tutorial I watched, the guys used six squares all at 400 pixels each, they then set the Z axis of the anchor point back 200 pixels, then holding shift snapped the squares into position to form a cube.

My problem is, I have no idea how to determine the size of the squares, so I'm guessing how far to move my Z axis back, therefore when I try and snap the squares into position, they aren't lined up properly, and I'm having a real headache trying to get them to all sit nicely and form a closed cube.

So I guess my questions is; how do I determine the exact size of a square and thus the position of my anchor point on its Z axis?

PS I tried to build the squares in Photoshop first, but ran into pretty much the same problem, as in I don't know how to determine the size of the squares, I know it's the wrong forum, but if any of you could give me tips on that as well, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

aka Newbie Wan Kenewbie. "The young Newbie, is now a Padawon."

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100