FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing speed in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Sutton
Changing speed in Motion
on Apr 9, 2010 at 6:27:27 pm

I'm spanking new to Motion and have typed up a credit sequence layer in Motion, with scrolling text an effect put on it. When I exported the file and played it back in Quicktime, it played way too fast. I'm trying to find the option or tab to adjust the speed to slow down the scroll and reexport it, but for the life of me can't find it. I'm googled online my question and strangely enough kind find an answer to this simple question. Can someone tell me where the option is to slow down the speed of a scroll? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Changing speed in Motion
on Apr 9, 2010 at 6:30:47 pm

You either change the duration of the behavior by stretching it out in the mini-Timeline (if your project isn't long enough, you can type a new value in the bottom right value field), or in the HUD, change it from Automatic to Fixed and enter a pixels/second value.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Kenneth Sutton
on Apr 9, 2010 at 7:59:01 pm

I brought up the HUD prompt, changed Automatic to Fixed and then changed the scroll rate to 17. It slowed it down, but now my file stop after only 7 or 8 seconds. How do I get Motion ot play my whole credit sequence and not just the first 7 seconds.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Apr 9, 2010 at 10:31:07 pm

Make sure you increase the length of the project so that the entire credit sequence can make it on screen.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]