FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ease out of a keyframe after a freeze/pause

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hill
Ease out of a keyframe after a freeze/pause
on Apr 9, 2010 at 4:43:10 pm

I must be missing something. If I'm panning a photo and want to pause, i usually add a keyframe where i want to stop and then a few seconds later add a copy of the first keyframe thereby creating a pause in my pan. My problem comes next, when I want to very gradually continue my pan. If I interpolate the second keyframe to ease out - the scale parameter does not behave and does not ease out at all - it actually creates a line greater than a linear interpolation. So I use a bezier curve but immediately that nullifies my pause because the bezier curve exists on both sides of the second keyframe. I can try to put the left curve back into the keyframe but that seems like a big headache.

Is there anyway to keep the gap between the two keyframes rock solid and still have the ability to manipulate the right side bezier curve to yield a gradual ease out?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Ease out of a keyframe after a freeze/pause
on Apr 9, 2010 at 5:25:43 pm

Sure, use behaviors instead. Use a Move or Motion Path (if the movement is multi-directional) for the movement. Change the speed to ease both, and then trim the behavior to the point where you want a pause. At the end of the pause, add another behavior and continue on.

Andy

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Apr 9, 2010 at 5:41:14 pm

You can 'break' the tangent handles of a Bezier point so that they move independently of each other. I think you just need to right click on a handle for the option.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 9, 2010 at 7:47:15 pm

Lots of great advice, another trick: when you copy the first keyframes or just re generate them move another frame down the time line and repeat. That will have the last keyframe effecting the repeated keyframe and will eliminate your problem. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

John Hill
on Apr 9, 2010 at 7:56:19 pm

Thank you EVERYONE! I knew there must be a better way. I was going nuts and now I don't have to! Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]