FORUMS: list search recent posts

bouncing quote bubble

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Ryden
bouncing quote bubble
on Apr 8, 2010 at 4:53:13 pm

Hi All,
I'm adding a quote bubble (the easy part) but instead of it popping onto the screen, I'd like it to land and settle in, increasing and decreasing in scale for about a second before settling in. It's similar to the dock effect. I've been playing around with oscillation but haven't had any success. Ideas?
Thanks,
Paul Ryden

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: bouncing quote bubble
on Apr 8, 2010 at 6:19:28 pm

What about a grow/shrink behavior combined with a ramp.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Paul Ryden
on Apr 8, 2010 at 6:37:44 pm

Thanks, Noah. I'll give it a try. In the meantime, I just keyframed the scale and set them 3 frames apart and it looks passable. But I think your approach may yield better results. Thanks again.

Paul Ryden

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 8, 2010 at 9:35:05 pm

Yeah keyframing should be your last resort in Motion. Behaviors- especially with ramp can do just about anything simpler and easier.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Apr 8, 2010 at 10:26:52 pm

But with key frames you get a nice "bounce" effect by using Bezier interpolation and adjusting the handles (breaking them into a "V" with Option key)...

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]