FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping a lowerthirds Motion Animation, help needed.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiggy Gaton
Looping a lowerthirds Motion Animation, help needed.
on Apr 8, 2010 at 3:43:58 am

Hi, I have a motion animation that is a lowerthird that I want to go all along the FCP timeline, but I am not sure for how long (how many loops), and the duration will change I'm sure. What's the best way to do this? Thx!
jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Looping a lowerthirds Motion Animation, help needed.
on Apr 8, 2010 at 2:22:48 pm

I am NOT an expert im Motion of FCP, but if this were me, and not knowing any better way to do it yet, I would probably just render out an MOV of the Motion project, with alpha or a super-black keyable background, using a duration that was moer than adequate for lower-third erveal (my rule on that is however long it takes to read three times at normal speed) and then I could ctrl-C/ctrl-V it along the timeline as many times as I wanted, and trim the last pasted version down as needed to perfect the fit. This is predicated on the supposition that the motion lower third already loops perfectly; if it doesn't, I would have to add little dissolves between the pasted copies to smooth out the jump-cuts, but it would reduce the need to go back into Motion to adjust a running time for the third.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Apr 9, 2010 at 5:44:25 pm

Create a loop point. Sometimes this is simple, other times more difficult. For abstract animations, the way you do it is this:

Create your animation, 10-30 seconds is typical for a standard loop.

Export animation and reimport into project.

Split the clip anywhere you like. Take the end half, and move it to the beginning. Take the beginning half and move it to the end, but make sure there is some overlap between the end of one clip and the start of the other.

Add a dissolve to hide the cut.

Export again. You now have a loopable L3 which you can simply edit end over end into your timeline.

andy

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Apr 9, 2010 at 6:09:19 pm

that's the stuff! thx, works great.

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]