FORUMS: list search recent posts

export is only part-rendering

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
export is only part-rendering
on Apr 7, 2010 at 1:28:50 pm

i'm suddenly having a problem exporting quicktimes from motion, wondering if anyone has come across this?

i'm doing a few bits of simple graphics using the paintbrush (marker preset) and the write on behaviour to simulate hand-painting text onto the screen... i've made a few different versions and until today they were esporting fine - i'm using the 1080p25 XDCAM export and disabling all the motion blur etc., using premultiplied colour. Today it's consistently getting to about frame 124 (out of 250) and stopping the render

even though the bar only ever gets to about 50% it doesn't report any issues and just finishes there and then - i've checked my ins/outs, and tried play range on and off but every time the same thing happens...

anyone have an idea of what's happening?

i've read a lot of posts that result in a reply advising to try each element on it's own one by one but it would be much quicker to just start again in this case.... is motion really as buggy as it seems?

thanks
joe

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: export is only part-rendering
on Apr 7, 2010 at 1:56:22 pm

Try exporting with current project settings first (as ProRes) and then compress that.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

joe kaye
Re: export is only part-rendering
on Apr 7, 2010 at 2:42:16 pm

brilliant! worked perfectly thanks for the help

joe