FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Tracking in Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Hustings
Motion Tracking in Motion 4
on Apr 1, 2010 at 6:04:36 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm cutting a commercial that will involve some simple motion tracking. We intend to shoot 1920 DVCPRO HD with a P2 and some prime lenses and although our deliverables are PAL BetaSP 4x3 LB, will we be able to achieve better keying and tracking results if we shoot progressive (25p) and then covert to interlaced (50i) on completion or will we get just as good results with an interlaced workflow from start to finish?

Also in terms of pulling a key and the motion tracking, how does DVCPRO HD hold up in Motion? Any problems? Or will it be better to convert to one of the ProRes flavours for the entire workflow?

Many thanks,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Motion Tracking in Motion 4
on Apr 4, 2010 at 4:38:54 pm

If you have the opportunity to shoot progressive, then compositing and motion tracking will both benefit from that.

As for DVCProHD vs ProRes, since you're keying out footage, it's important to have the best possible codec you can handle for color. I would convert to ProRes HQ or 4x4. It won't improve the color subsampling from the acquired footage, but if you have to manipulate it post capture, you'll lose less in the process which should help the keying and compositing.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]