FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple tasks in motion...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lynch
Simple tasks in motion...
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:35:18 pm

Can someone point me to tutorials or something that can help with simple Motion tasks? For example create a bullet list where about a dozen titles fly on in synch with a v/o? I've got to create a dozen separate titles and then place them accordingly? OK - a plug in for Final Cut allows me to input all titles as one item and keyframe the in points of each line. Pretty simple - but what if I wan more interesting effects on the graphics than FCP can provide? Drop shadow/outline - all require digging into tabs. Not intuitive. Simple things like this.

I admit I'm not familiar with Motion simply because of this - every time I try to do something simple, like text moving slowly across the screen, it turns in to some kind of nightmare. Put a throw on it - too fast, when I need it slow, screw around with the throw arrow, etc...

I've been through Lynda and some other tutorials, and sure now I can do particles and such, but how about the easy stuff? "Ken Burns" a bunch of photos? Nobody addresses it. Or even better why doesn't Apple put a useful titler within FCP??????? I know I sound bitchy here, but with Apple expecting Motion to be the be all and end all in titling these days...

MacPro 3.0GHz 8 Core - 12GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870; FCS3; AE; CS4

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Simple tasks in motion...
on Mar 25, 2010 at 11:43:38 pm

Take a look at this post and let me know if it helps: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/170/865049

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Adam Wilder
Re: Simple tasks in motion...
on Mar 26, 2010 at 3:43:51 pm

Instead of throw, have you tired other behaviors to see if they give you more control? For example, you could do the ken burns effect in a 2D combining the Move, Grow/Shrink, and Fade In/Fade out behaviors. You could do it in a 3D comp with just Move and Fade In/Fade out. If one tool isn't working for you, another (or another combination) might actually work better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]