FORUMS: list search recent posts

fade line in / out

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Holland
fade line in / out
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:17:46 pm

I am trying to do a simple text effect where I start with four lines of text. after a moment the lines start to fade out one at a time and then are replaced one at a time by new lines of text in the same location of the previous lines.

i am using fade line in/fade line out behavior, but can't figure out how to slow the actual fade in/fade out.

i can get the fade to take longer for all 4 lines to fade out/fade in by stretching the behavior on the timeline, but can't figure out how to affect the fade for each individual line...

any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: fade line in / out
on Mar 17, 2010 at 3:28:34 pm

Make each line of text it's own layer with it's own fade in/fade out behavior.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: fade line in / out
on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:32:47 pm

Use the sequence text behavior. Add opacity as the parameter and set to 0. Change the sequencing to To, and the Unit Size to Line.

Use the direction Left to Right if you want the text to fade from the top down. Change to Right to Left if you want to fade the text out from the bottom up.

The spread controls how abrupt the fade out is. Left at one is probably desirable, but 0 will cause the lines to blink out instead of fade, and higher numbers will bleed the fade through to the other lines. 1 or 2 is probably where you want to be there.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]