FORUMS: list search recent posts

easier way?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Thorne
easier way?
on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:20:52 am

I've got some footage of a city flyover where the camera is moving fast toward a city, and then flies through the buildings. I have to make it look like the city's on fire with explosions everywhere. These, naturally, have to match the motion of the flyover.

Is there a way to do this by selecting a start and end point and telling motion to match that point rather than having to painstakingly do it visually frame by frame? It couldn't be a linear 'start to finish' line as it would have to match the "building's" location in each frame, which isn't a straight line

I'm using motion 3.0.2

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: easier way?
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:43:01 pm

That's called "tracking" and "match-moving". Motion has a pretty good tracker, but it's a bit complicated to use. You'll apply the tracker and the match-move as behaviors. I'd recommend looking up tracking & match-moving in the manual and keep it open as a reference while you work.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 11, 2010 at 5:49:16 pm

It might help you to think about it like this: make the city its own group, and inside that group, you can layer 2-d fire footage, explosion footage,and particle emitter effects where they need to be.

Once all that is in one master group "container", it becomes easier to fly the camera around using a few keyframes and bezier ease-in/out curves. By moving the group and the camera independently, you get much of the effect of a real 3- composition, even if you mostly use 2-d elements in a 3-d space.

Return to posts index

Kevin Thorne
on Mar 11, 2010 at 6:18:34 pm

thanks, unfortunately, the flythrough is stock footage, and flat, so I can't adjust anything on it. I'm looking through the motion tracking instructions now...finger's crossed!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]