FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed Change with Templates

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley vonClausburg
Speed Change with Templates
on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:11:16 pm

I'm working with a template in Motion and want to speed up the timing of the entire template, not just the media I drop into it. I know I can slow down a motion template once it's in FCP, but I can't speed it up. Is there any way to do this in Motion or FCP?

Thank you so much!

-Ashley

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Speed Change with Templates
on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:19:20 pm

Check out this tutorial by Mark Spencer: http://pixelcorps.cachefly.net/mbks-004-540p-h264.mov

Best of luck and hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ashley vonClausburg
on Mar 10, 2010 at 9:25:20 pm

Thank you so much for your quick reply. This video seems to explain exactly what I want to do, however when I try to make a clone of the new group, the clone plays horribly. It's very slow and jumpy and barely resembles the template.

If it makes any difference the template i'm trying to use is Large Format.HD under 3D text projects.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

-Ashley

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Mar 10, 2010 at 9:50:23 pm

That method won't work with every template. I'm afraid you'll have to break down the template to figure out how it is built in order to change the speed. Or try change the speed in FCP, you can speed up or slow down the entire template there.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

jacy riedmann
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:55:56 pm

I have a motion template that I want to slow down, but when I bring the speed to 80% in FCP, it looks choppy/jittery. Is there an (easy) way to change the speed in the motion program? Or a better way to change the speed in FCP? Maybe I'm exporting the wrong sort of file. I'm not sure. I am using a large format hd template to bring in flying photos. I am pretty green to Motion, as in...just got it this week. Just an FYI. Thanks so much for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]