FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D camera Behaviours

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandra Bignell
3D camera Behaviours
on Mar 3, 2010 at 10:17:34 pm

Okay, so I have a rudimentary understanding of cameras. I have found a video that is excellent and i want to recreate the effect but havn't a clue how it was done. Can someone please help me?

Here is a link to the video, sorry, no idea how to upload it to this post:

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: 3D camera Behaviours
on Mar 3, 2010 at 10:36:44 pm

The photo was most likely cut up into separate layers using Photoshop. So each member of the family is on a separate layer. You then bring the Photoshop file into Motion. If you drag it into the Motion and hold down the mouse you will get an option to import each photoshop layer. Once you do that you need to separate the layers Z distance. Add a camera. I would then use the new Framing behavior to move the camera around. Under the Behavior tab it will let you drag the photo shop layer into the Target well and Motion will automatically animate the camera from your starting point to the layer. You can ad as many Framing behaviors as you want. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Alexandra Bignell
on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:06:35 am

Thank you very much. Sadly I have Motion 3 and don't think i have this behviour. Is there a way to do it the old fashioned way?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Mar 4, 2010 at 8:54:06 pm

Mark Spencer has an excellent tutorial on his website called, "3D Cameras and Photoshop". I believe the techniques featured were all accomplished in Motion 3.

http://www.applemotion.net/video-tips/

It's about half-way down the page.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]