FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export settings for TV commercial?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Voltmer
Export settings for TV commercial?
on Mar 2, 2010 at 4:19:29 pm

I am using Motion to create some animation to export for Final Cut Pro, but when I import it into Final Cut all the objects in the animation look jaggie or a poor resolution. What settings should I export the Motion file at for SD TV broadcast? Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Export settings for TV commercial?
on Mar 2, 2010 at 4:41:39 pm

When you Export make sure you set it to Best.

Or you can bring the Motion Project File into FCP and render it there. If you do do that make sure you go to Sequence, Settings, Render Control tab and then set Quality to Best.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Steve Voltmer
on Mar 2, 2010 at 6:17:50 pm

Thanks, rendering inside of FCP was the only thing that worked, but it renders the whole motion project and doesn't stop at the outpoint I set in Motion. What do I do to make it only use the part of the project between the in and outs in Motion?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 2, 2010 at 6:53:44 pm

You can shorten the length of the project in Motion or in Final Cut Pro so you don't have to render the whole project.

When you Export you should: File, Export. Click on Options..., Click on the Output tab, uncheck the Use Current project and Canvas Settings checkbox. Change Render Quality to Best. OR just simply change the Render Quality to best.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]