FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wet cement??

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt love
Wet cement??
on Feb 25, 2010 at 1:18:52 am

I have tried this several times using generators with gradients overtop and changing blend modes. Im still a newb with motion , and it annoys me when i cant figure something out... Wet cement is the recent annoyance . Pretty much looking for a wet road at night look.. any tips would be great,
tx to all

Matt

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Wet cement??
on Feb 25, 2010 at 2:33:39 am

Have you considered going out and shooting something instead? Cement is literally dirt cheap and nothing beats real in the camera... Hard to make that look less than cheesy in motion....

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

matt love
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:03:39 am

Its more for the ability to do it in motion . Its not for any client or special project . I just would like to see how organic I could get without using the real thing. tx in advance
Strictly educational

Matt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 25, 2010 at 3:50:05 pm

I think it depends on what you want it to look like. Do you mean wet cement that has just been poured? Or that has just been smoothed with a Trowel like the pic below?

Or do you mean after it rained? Or does any of the above work?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

matt love
on Feb 25, 2010 at 4:06:52 pm

Good question. I wasnt real descriptive . What im looking for is a wet road (from rain) with some light from head lights or street lights reflecting off . sorry if that doesnt help

Matt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 25, 2010 at 5:35:20 pm

To get started I would got to http://www.cgtextures.com/ and click on the Roads icon. There are a ton of free road textures. All of them are are dry so you will need to make them look wet. That can be achieved in many ways. Making it look real will be the hard part. First off you will nee to apply a Levels filter to darken up the image. You will probably want to keep the whites left alone so it will create a glare with high contrast from the black and white in the asphalt. Next add so white color solids or duplicate the road texture (then change the levels again and add a blur filter). Add a mask so it changes the reflection to a certain part of the road and crank up the feather to blend it in. Playing with the blend modes can help as well. For the lights I would add lights. A lot of this will depend on the image and what you like. Have fun playing around with it and hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

matt love
on Feb 25, 2010 at 6:38:06 pm

very cool, and I will have fun with this one.. Tx a bunch for the helpful replies

Matt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 25, 2010 at 6:45:22 pm

Happy to help and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>