FORUMS: list search recent posts

thick glass

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt love
thick glass
on Feb 21, 2010 at 4:02:53 pm

I was thinking of creating a thick glass look, somewhat like a display case. Maybe a nice glare on it as well for a organic look. A object of some sort would be inside "the glass" for full effect. How would you go about this ???
thanks

Matt

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: thick glass
on Feb 22, 2010 at 3:38:43 pm

There are many ways to do this so I imagine you will see a bunch of different replies. For trophy case glass, not CSI credit open glass. To create the glare I would create a thin long shape shape with a large feather and drop it's opacity. Maybe blur the content in the trophy case a bit. Not a lot. Maybe .5 percent. A great way to seal the deal is to take some sort of texture that would look like the the wall the glass would reflect and place it over the glass and drop it's opacity really low so you have a slit reflection. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: thick glass
on Feb 23, 2010 at 10:10:42 pm

One of the characteristics of thick glass that sells the illusion is refraction and distortion cause by that refraction. Some kind of displacement mapping may help, or putting two identical instances of an item like text together, slightly offset, such that the glass edge "wipes" across, say, with a crop, to reveal the "bent" image. But I'm not up to the level of working out how you do that in Motion yet:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]