FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to orient asset to active camera in M3?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
How to orient asset to active camera in M3?
on Feb 18, 2010 at 10:41:02 pm

I have to say I'm having a blast playing in Motion 3 this week, but I could use a tip or two on how to move items around in a 3-d comp as I toggle between camera view and perspective view.

What I have in my scene are a layered photoshop logo with alphas and some text generated separately in Motion, both of those look fine.

I wanted to add a tif file of a gradient as a backdrop behind these. I import this, and it arrives into my composition edge-on to the camera and ahead of ( closer to virtual camera than) the other two elements.

I tried "send to back" and I tried changing the order of the element in the stack. I'm also not getting the separate HUD panel coming up that controls rotation, x,y, and z-space positioning.

I'm sure I've just missed some obvious step, but bottom line, Either trying to push the gradient around in perspective view or camera view, I can't get it into the right spot or orientation. Is there an automatic way to have the item orient face-on to the active camera? What's the trick I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: How to orient asset to active camera in M3?
on Feb 18, 2010 at 10:46:30 pm

A couple of things:

-To make a new layer come into the project facing the camera, drag it directly to the Canvas in when in the Active Camera view

-Send to Back won't work because that refers to layer stacking order - which doesn't mean anything in 3D

-The HUD will have the move controls if you have the Adjust 3D Transform tool active (Q)

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How to orient asset to active camera in M3?
on Feb 18, 2010 at 10:59:59 pm

That seems to have got it, thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]