FORUMS: list search recent posts

Waveform

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Wright
Waveform
on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:41:46 pm

Hi, I need to play some audio and be able to use it in a reactive waveform built in Motion.
Thanks

RW

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Waveform
on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:20:39 pm

In order to get objects to react to audio you need to use the Parameter Behavior called Audio. A short cut, for example, If you want the scale to animate right click on Scale in the Properties section and choose Audio. If you look at the Audio Behavior in the Behaviors tab you will see the "Apply To" section is linked to the Scale. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Randy Wright
on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:42:40 pm

Sorry......I'm new to Motion and I will need a little more information. I have the clip loaded form FCP with a color matte to get it in there but Motion says "nothing selected" but the audio does
play. Now what?

Thanks,
RW

RW

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:47:37 pm

Generators won't make the trip from FCP to Motion (nor will filters or transitions). What exactly are you trying to do?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Randy Wright
on Feb 4, 2010 at 6:35:20 pm

Thanks.....I have a 911 tape that I am using and I don't want to use the reel to reel again!! I was hoping to make a waveform that would react to the audio over some video. That's it.

Thanks,
RW

RW

Return to posts index

Phil Williams
on Feb 4, 2010 at 10:53:45 pm

OK, I'm 3000 miles away from my Motion setup at the moment so can't actually test this out for you myself, but off the top of my head, try this:

Use the freehand shape tool to draw a horizontal line across the screen. Don't try and make it perfectly straight, it helps to have a "hand-drawn without a ruler" sort of feel. Then apply Behaviours>Shape>Wriggle Shape. Play around with the settings and you'll see that this behaviour will animate the positions of the points that make up the line you've drawn, which will hopefully give it a sort of waveform look.

To make your audio track drive the animation, apply the Audio parameter behaviour to the amplitude parameter of the Wriggle Shape behaviour. You will probably want to add some randomisation as well, and try and find a way of limiting the movement of the points to the vertical plane only.

As I say, if I wasn't 3000 miles away from my Motion setup I'd be able to offer more detailed suggestions, but hopefully you might find the above to be a useful starting point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]