FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 2 collage

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Clare
Motion 2 collage
on Feb 3, 2010 at 1:15:23 pm

Hi there

Please forgive any newbie impoliteness. I'm trying to create a collage sequence similar to the one used at the start of How I Met Your Mother (if you are familiar with it)BUT I am a completely out of my depth.

Could anyone lend me the benefit of their experience and point me in the right direction in terms of online tutorials, concepts I need to be understanding, how to organise the layers etc? I don't really want to use to normal method of spending hours messing about to get something that is 50% of the way there before realising there was a much easier way of doing something.

Any tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion 2 collage
on Feb 3, 2010 at 3:48:02 pm

This effect is achieved by separating the image in the foreground from the background. I think it is easier to do in Photoshop because you can use the clone tool to feel in a lot of the background that is missing because you cut out the person in the foreground. So you know have an object in one layer and the background in another. Import the layered PSD. Change the Z position of the object so it has distance from the background. When you move and rotate the camera you will achieve that effect you are asking about. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:09:39 pm

This may help as well

http://www.rippletraining.com/movies/Free%20Downloads/motion_psd_in_space_9...

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Richard Clare
on Feb 3, 2010 at 5:35:31 pm

oh man - that tutorial makes it look so easy BUT! I'm running motion 2 and get upgrade because my mac does not have intel processor

Is it easy to fake this in motion 2? At least you have given me a starting point and for that I am greatful

Thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

Stéphane Lux
on May 14, 2012 at 8:39:18 pm

"The page cannot be found. Please use this link to continue browsing."

Is there an alternate link for downloading the video?

Kind regards,
Stéphane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]