FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting Faces on moving bodies in video

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Daniels
Putting Faces on moving bodies in video
on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:31:59 am

Basically I want to take my face while I'm talking and put it on the body of a character in a film. Can anybody point me in the right direction to do this or make a template of some sort.

Thanks

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Putting Faces on moving bodies in video
on Feb 2, 2010 at 10:00:23 am

You have to use tracking to achieve this. This is not as easy as you might think it is, this depends on how well you want to do it. Look for video tutorials on tracking in motion. You also have to use masks to cut out face and place it with tracking data onto new footage.

Return to posts index

Mike Daniels
on Feb 2, 2010 at 12:27:39 pm

thank you for the advice, I will look into it

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:40:55 pm

I agree with Zak, this will not be easy to make look real. Another thing you will need to keep in mind. The main clip and the face will need to be color corrected so they match. If you have not shot your face yet be sure to look at the lighting on the original face and try to match it.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mike Daniels
on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:30:59 pm

Yeah I know what you're saying. This is just going to be a pilot project so even though it will look very amateur I want to try my best. For right now I'm thinking of motion tracking a shape across the face in the video and replacing it with the new face of the person I want which will be filmed on a green screen. Hmmm let's see how this goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]