FORUMS: list search recent posts

Painting on objects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walker Foley
Painting on objects
on Jan 29, 2010 at 9:46:13 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Motion and am trying to get up to speed by watching Lynda tutorials... however, I'm having a hard time figure out how to paint on actual objects. Right now I've constructed a 3D room, and am planning on panning and rotating a camera along it's walls. While it's doing that, I want to animate some brush strokes on the walls as the camera pans past it. Is there any way to paint directly on the rectangles for animation? Or do I just have to carefully line the animation up with the rectangle... there has to be an easier way to do this.

Walk

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Painting on objects
on Jan 29, 2010 at 11:00:24 pm

Paint strokes are their own layers, and they are always 2D layers. Your best bet is to frame the wall with the frame command, then you'll be able to paint on the same plane. You can also copy-paste the wall's coordinates to the paint stroke layer to match them up.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Jason Calhoun
Re: Painting on objects
on Jan 30, 2010 at 6:07:07 am

You can animate brush strokes by adding the write on behavior under... I think it's under brush or paint in the behavior menu. It gives you quite a bit of control over your stroke and animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]