FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving on photos stutter problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cindy Hill
Moving on photos stutter problem
on Jan 16, 2010 at 5:29:07 pm

I am working on a documentary and am incorporating Motion to create my photo moves. I have two basic questions.

1) Are there advantages to adding a 3D camera then the Move behavior or is is just as effective to add a behavior without the camera, assuming I am doing basic pans, tilts and zooms?

2) I am working in FCP 6.0.6 Sequence-DVCPRO HD 960x720, 23.98 editing timebase with a DVCPRO HD 60 compressor setting. When I render my photo moves in Motion as Animation 23.98, I seem to get stuttering on the move.
Any idea what might be causing this? I am using the Best setting on the rendering but am not selecting field rendering. Is this a possible cause?

Thanks for your advice.

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
Re: Moving on photos stutter problem
on Jan 16, 2010 at 5:44:10 pm

Regarding your camera question, if you can achieve the results you need w/o the camera, then I'd do that.

Your thought concerning the stuttering issue would be an easy test... export a second or two with field rendering checked and check your results. You just might have it there.

Return to posts index

Cindy Hill
Re: Moving on photos stutter problem
on Jan 16, 2010 at 5:53:50 pm

Thanks, Bill. I think I may have rendered some of my previous Motion projects with the wrong timecode base and hence the odd stuttering problem in FCP. Duh!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]