FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion to FCP funky

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alicia Harwell
Motion to FCP funky
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:14:07 pm

I completed my project in Motion, but need to marry it with another piece in FCP. When I open the Motion project in FCP, there is flicker. It looks like a field issue, but I can't figure it out. Video is due to client today and I'm not sure what else to try. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion to FCP funky
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:20:40 pm

A lot of flicker problems are caused by a TV interlacing footage. Long story short, you only see the odd or even fields on the TV at a time. Because of that thin lines disappear and cause a flicker. If that is the case I would add a Flicker Filter the the clip in Final Cut Pro. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Alicia Harwell
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:31:59 pm

I'll give that a try. (I've got a piece rendering now...) The Motion piece I'm importing to FCP is 90% graphics so the flicker is like black fields that pop up every once in a while. When I look at the project in Motion- no black, but in FCP, black flickers. Ugh!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:51:03 pm

If that doesn't work please upload your project file so I can take a look at it.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Alicia Harwell
on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:29:39 pm

Trying on more thing, then I'll send the project file along to you. Thanks, so much! Do you think it could be a FCP sequence setting issue? A few days ago, I exported a low-res version to send to the client for review straight out of Motion and it had no flicker. (just remembered that)

Return to posts index

Alicia Harwell
on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:51:01 pm

I have the project file uploaded to my mobile.me site. Can I email you the link? Since it includes work for a client, I'd rather not post it on the board.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:05:49 pm

Here is my e-mail:

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

warren henderson
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:45:55 pm

the clip you worked w/ in Motion... did you roundtrip that clip from FCP into motion, then back out to FCP?

Return to posts index

Alicia Harwell
on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:50:35 pm

I created all of the graphics in Motion and imported a videos clips (high-res QT) for the few video portions. The video parts are set into boxes within the graphics.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]