FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting files from Retiming Cache

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Gillings
Deleting files from Retiming Cache
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:25:21 am

Hi,
im a bit of a newbie to Motion but i was hoping someone could help?
I have sent a slowed down clip to motion, used optical flow, then rendered it in my final cut sequence. Can i delete the 40gb file that is in the Motion Retiming Cache? or will it revert the clip in my FCP sequence back to standard frame blending?

I have tried to set the Retiming Cache to my Portable Hard Drive but Motion doesn't like it and won't perform the optical flow, does the Retiming Cache have to be set to the Local Hard Drive
Im interested what other peoples work flow is in regard to optical flow as the files created are so big?

thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Deleting files from Retiming Cache
on Jan 14, 2010 at 2:09:08 pm

The Motion project file embedded in FCP will revert if you delete the cache file. To get around this, export a movie out of motion matching your FCP sequence settings (so the movie won't need to be rendered again in FCP).

In Motion 3, Optical Flow analyzes the entire underlying media, regardless of the duration of your clip in the timeline - to get around this, from FCP, export, import, and replace the clip in your timeline before sending to Motion.

In Motion 4, OF only analyzes between In and Out points, making for much smaller files.

In 3 or 4, you should be able to put that cache file wherever you want in Motion > Preferences.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

James Gillings
Re: Deleting files from Retiming Cache
on Jan 20, 2010 at 8:22:20 am

Thanks Mark,
I couldn't work out why some files were so huge and others not. I came back to my computer to find that i had zero space left..... and i knew i had 100gig of free space.
thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]