FORUMS: list search recent posts

question on certain effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt love
question on certain effect
on Jan 10, 2010 at 4:35:15 pm

Hopefully someone understands what I'm asking here.. It seems to be a popular effect, and I'm new to motion and curious how to achieve it. It starts with video at normal speed , then freezes, at this point the main object in the video is isolated and , the background is changed , usually accompanied by some graphics and color changes. I know this could be done easily with a green screen, and Im not yet well versed with maskes which i assume are the main starting point in this process. I hope someone understands my poor description and can point me in the right direction....

Matt

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: question on certain effect
on Jan 11, 2010 at 2:32:51 am

You can do the freeze frame with a retiming behavior like Set Speed, or you can turn on variable speed and set keyframes, whatever is easier for you.

Then you are right, you'll need to mask out the object at the point of the freeze frame and add various filters for effects, and perhaps a color solid generator or shape for a background.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Amir Abed
on Jan 11, 2010 at 5:13:27 pm

Make a 3 to 5 second freeze frame of the part of the video you want to use...drop it in motion then double the layer and using the biezer tool garbage matte the person or main object on layer 2 after you cut out your person any video you put above layer 2 will cover up the person garbaged matted any clips you put between layer 1 and 2 will be behind the person garbaged matted. Experiment with differnt color effects textures and motion to get the look you want..good luck

Return to posts index

matt love
on Jan 11, 2010 at 6:12:12 pm

tx alot guys,, btw Mark I just got done with your motion 4 book. Well done it really helped me a bunch..
Really gave me the understanding of layering and groups I needed.. tx

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]