FORUMS: list search recent posts

fps change from 24 to 29.97

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Nelson
fps change from 24 to 29.97
on Jan 4, 2010 at 7:46:17 pm

I'm aware that one cannot change the frame rate in a sequence with existing material, but this is a conundrum. Posted this on Apple's Motion forum as well... Bought a cool new template, built at 24 fps. I need it for broadcast at 29.97. No worries, I thought.
The website explained...

"Can our Motion Templates speed/resolution be changed from 24fps/HD to 25/PAL or 29.97/NTSC?

Yes. Our templates are based on “frames” which means, even we are using animated backgrounds, they are frames instead of ready Quick Time files what makes it possible"

Well, I tried grouping the content and pasting into a new 29.97 project. Crash. Tried layer by layer. Eventual crash. I've got some crash reports, if that will help. Any suggestions on how I might proceed?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: fps change from 24 to 29.97
on Jan 4, 2010 at 8:36:51 pm

You want to contact the publisher of the template.

Even if they're using "frames," whatever that means, their background sequence consists of a finite number of them and if you change the timebase, it will change the number of their frames you see ina given increment of time, say, one second, and will increase the apparent speed. INstead of seeing a ball move across the screen in one second of 24 frames, it will still get there in 24 frames but what is showing in the remaining 6 frames? If the ball moves across the screen in 30 frames, their artwork only provided 24 images of the ball.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
on Jan 4, 2010 at 11:55:02 pm

Thank you for the responses, gentlemen. I've sent a couple emails to the publisher in Europe. (motionvfx) The templates don't include any QT stuff, only drop zones, shapes, camera moves, etc.

I'll try the FCP as a workaround. dang.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:32:00 pm

Have you tried just dropping the Motion project into a sequence in FCP that has the frame rate, etc. that you want?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]