FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 4 Canvas Slow Playback!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Pavelko
Motion 4 Canvas Slow Playback!
on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:18:20 pm

Just bought a brand new 27" Mac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM with an ATI Radeon HD 4670 Graphics card and when i put a clip onto the Canvas of Motion 4 the audio of the clip will play but only like 3 frames i would say will actually play. Seems like it is trying to play but only will show me a couple frames. Any ideas. I trashed the motion file in preferences but everytime i open motion it is back in my preferences. I need some help please. Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion 4 Canvas Slow Playback!
on Dec 31, 2009 at 8:15:54 pm

q[Mike Pavelko] " I trashed the motion file in preferences but everytime i open motion it is back in my preferences. I need some help please. Thanks in advance"

"A clip" means little around here. There are only about 200 different kinds of clips; what size, what codec?

Is your machine/card/RAM on the approved list of Motion specs or are you on the edge of minimums?

Use google to search for "maximize Motion performance." You should come up with several articles about lowering the processing and display options, reducing screen resolution, going to draft, and generally lowering your expectations.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mike Pavelko
on Dec 31, 2009 at 8:22:32 pm

1.6 MB and its a Mpeg-4. I went out and bought this computer so i wouldnt have to lower settings to have quality performance

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:39:59 pm

Generally, MPEG4 will not play in real time. It is highly compressed and requires extensive processing before frames can be seen. You must convert your MPEG4 files to a more conventional codec beofre attempting to apply motion effects or even editing.
the list of compatible video formats and codecs is clearly listed in the sales pages for Motion 4 and Studio 3.

Don't take this personally, we see this post often around here, but this was easily researched before you purchased your machine.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]