FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D camera's view missing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Kowalski
3D camera's view missing
on Dec 20, 2009 at 6:34:09 pm

Motion 4: 3D space: In Perspective, Left and Right views, the yellow outline of the camera's angel of view and focal plane are missing. I've made sure the camera is selected in Layers tab. (Shows up in Top view)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
Re: 3D camera's view missing
on Dec 21, 2009 at 8:37:15 pm

I am having the same issue with Motion 3.
It does appear in Perspective mode, but it is missing from the top view.

Laura

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 21, 2009 at 10:06:21 pm

I believe that each view can be set up separately to display grids, guides, and scene icons. When you go to say top view, and you don't see the camera, try going back the view button and see if 3D scene icons are switched off.

Andy

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
on Dec 29, 2009 at 4:25:00 pm

Hi Andy,
3D scene icons are definitely on. Everything looks fine in Active Camera view. And I can see the camera in perspective view, but the footage is skewed. When I go into Top, Bottom, Left or Right I have to zoom in so close to see my footage, it's like Motion thinks my footage is 2 pixels wide. The camera is there but it is so tiny and there is no range indicator.
Are there some crazy settings that I can't see that makes my footage appear so small in a huge 3d space?
I can't work in 3D with the workspace acting like this.

Laura

Return to posts index

Dan Kowalski
on Dec 29, 2009 at 4:52:11 pm

I had success, finally, by going the hard road and completely setting up a "clean" system (re-formatted a drive, installed the OS, updated it, clean installed FC Studio, updated that). It took basically all night, but it cleared up all the weird, small problems...

Good luck...

Dan Kowalski
http://www.rollingbayworks.com

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
on Dec 29, 2009 at 7:21:38 pm

I was afraid of that....

Laura

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 29, 2009 at 7:32:55 pm

Dan,

When you say you had to zoom in really far to see your footage, did you check the zoom level in the canvas? It's one of the buttons on the upper right, to the left of the resolution?

Sometimes when you switch views I've seen Motion zoomed out for no apparent reason. The zoom level will usually say something like "1%" or similar.

This can be fixed simply by clicking the drop down and selecting a higher zoom level like 50% or so, and then using the CMD +/- keys or the hand tool to arrange the view the rest of the way. After that, Motion will tend to remember the zoom level for that view.

I know you reinstalled, which obviously fixed the problem, but it may not be necessary for others with the same issue to go through that hassle.

Andy

Return to posts index

Laura Gruszczynski
on Jan 4, 2010 at 3:23:41 pm

Hi,
I checked the zoom and at 100%, in the Top view, my icons appear so far away, that I can barely make them out. I have to zoom in to 1500% to see the motion of the camera at all.
I perspective view, they look skewed, distorted, but at least they are normal sized.

Laura

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]