FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spinning Globe in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faraz Mozafarian
Spinning Globe in Motion
on Dec 18, 2009 at 6:59:14 pm

Hello,

I want to create a spinning globe in Motion. I have a high res image of a world map and have applied the sphere filter to it. I adjust the center of the sphere to give the globe that spinning Motion. But it always comes to a point where the map the map "falls off the sphere" or the it looks like the image is not completely wrapped around the sphere.

Sorry for the poor description but it is hard to explain in words.

Is there any way I can create this effect Motion or even After Effects?

Thank You!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Spinning Globe in Motion
on Dec 18, 2009 at 7:41:05 pm

Hi there, it is very possible to do what you want. see this link for more details: http://www.timesavertutorials.com/rotate_earth.html. Also please note that Boris Continuum 6 have a sphere filter that does much more than just spinning the globe. See my website for more details: http://embryo.me.uk/wp/2009/09/27/eclipse-animation/

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Dec 18, 2009 at 8:27:38 pm

Zac,

Thank you so much for that. It was very helpful. However I am running into a problem. I want to scale the globe up and have it scale down over time but when I try to adjust the scale it is adjusting the actual map image not the entire globe. I have tried adding a camera as well to move through z space but am having the same problem.

I can always export the movie and adjust the scale in FCP or in motion as a .MOV but is there a way to achieve this all in the original project?

Any solutions?

Thank YOU!

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Dec 18, 2009 at 9:07:20 pm

do not scale the map. rather try to scale the group see if this helps.

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Dec 18, 2009 at 9:38:25 pm

I have tried scaling the group. I have also tried putting that group into another group and scaling that but still it will not work.

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 19, 2009 at 6:08:48 pm

Clone the group. Turn off the original, and scale the clone.

Andy

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Dec 21, 2009 at 5:33:36 pm

Andy,

I still can't get it to work. I have cloned the group but once I clone the group the cloned group loses all it's motion properties such as the spinning motion. It is now scalable but has lost it's spinning properties. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 21, 2009 at 6:21:46 pm

I can't know what you're doing wrong without seeing your project. Is there perhaps a way you can post your project without media?

Andy

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Dec 22, 2009 at 7:11:21 pm

Andy,

I don't know of anyway to post the project. Screen shots maybe? How can I go about doing that?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Dec 22, 2009 at 7:24:59 pm

Posting the project is easy. In the reply message box you'll see some icons just above the window where you type. The last icon in the list is the file upload icon. Just save your project without the media and then zip it up and upload it to the cow. A link to the download will appear in your post so that others can download and see the problem.

Andy

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Dec 22, 2009 at 8:15:17 pm

Motion Project file so you can see what I'm talking about.

436_rotatingearth.motn.zip

I hope that worked.

Let me know.

Thank You!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]