FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion to Kona 3 SDI output in Real-Time?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrae Palmer
Motion to Kona 3 SDI output in Real-Time?
on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:01:51 pm

Can Motion output live Real-Time effects to the Kona 3 SDI? Basically want to know if I can playback footage on the timeline to a deck and record it?

Andrae Palmer
Producer
FACETMEDIA LLC
http://www.facetmedia.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion to Kona 3 SDI output in Real-Time?
on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:46:15 am

Doubtful with more than a fairly simple timeline- that is not without dropping frames. You'll want to at least do a RAM preview first if not a full output to QT...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Andrae Palmer
on Dec 18, 2009 at 3:44:37 am

Thanks Noah! I myself thought that it could not due to the general slow down issue of GPU to SDI. Was just wondering if Kona 3 had some onboard processing to somehow enable this.

Andrae Palmer
Producer
FACETMEDIA LLC
http://www.facetmedia.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 18, 2009 at 4:47:20 pm

nope Kona is not a GPU that Motion can leverage; it's entirely dependent on your main graphic's card GPU power to deliver speed of playback. The Kona is just doing the RGB to YUV conversion and playout.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]