FORUMS: list search recent posts

[txt] outline issue - what is the status of the text engine. Outline gets cutoff

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helge Tjelta
[txt] outline issue - what is the status of the text engine. Outline gets cutoff
on Dec 12, 2009 at 9:39:11 am

Hi,

When putting on the outline on a text, it seems to cut of the outline. Looks like the outline is inside a max square around each letter.

Type a 0 (zero) and put on a big outline for about 6. Watch the edges, no nice round circle at the top and the bottom, looks like it gets cutoff somehow.

What is the status of the text generator in Motion, is it really good ? Or can we use other generators that also publish it self to FCP for the input.

sincerely Helge

Helge

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: [txt] outline issue - what is the status of the text engine. Outline gets cutoff
on Dec 12, 2009 at 2:16:34 pm

I'm not seeing that issue, perhaps it's the font you are using? I'm getting nice curved edges on my outline. I find Motion's text engine to be quite excellent.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: [txt] outline issue - what is the status of the text engine. Outline gets cutoff
on Dec 12, 2009 at 4:16:20 pm

select the layer that the type is in and make sure that it's set to "Fixed Resolution" and that the resolution is the same as the Motion project.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
on Dec 12, 2009 at 4:58:16 pm

well, fixed resolution does not do any difference.

Helge

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
on Dec 12, 2009 at 5:01:29 pm

421_outlinemacpro.png.zip

Inspect this one... check the corners and roundness, they are cut off.

Helge

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
on Dec 12, 2009 at 5:07:31 pm

422_txtoutlineproblems.zip

here is the link for all the different programs

sincerely Helge

Helge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]