FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can moiton help me do this?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Latman
Can moiton help me do this?
on Dec 11, 2009 at 5:02:53 pm

I was in Mark Spencer's class at Motion09 and I now have a little project I think I can use Motion with my AE project. I was wondering (because I can not figure it out yet) can you have one object replicate itself X number of times, but make it look like is coming from one central point? I have a product image that I wish to show 18 times but it is one of those buy 18 get so many free.
Yes I could do it in AE but that is a lot of layers to manage. A replicator would be ideal. I just can not figure out how to start from a central point and move outward to set limit in a smooth fashion.
Please excuse me for my noobness at this.
Mark has proven that Motion can be a valuable asset, I just need to understand it better.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Can moiton help me do this?
on Dec 11, 2009 at 5:21:07 pm

Hi there, Ken, nice to see you on the Cow.

A few ways to approach this, but basically you want to name each of your 18 image file sequentially, e.g., image_001.jpg, image_002.jpg, etc. Motion will see them all as a single image sequence (assuming you have Show Image Sequences as Collapsed enabled, which it is by default - it's a little button at the bottom right of the File Browser)

Import your image sequence - it forms one layer. If you play, you'll see them all flash by.

Now it really depend on what you are trying to do from here, but you can replicate the layer, turn off Play Frames, change the Shape to Line, make it 3D, set start and end x and y to 0 and spread out Z to make a long line of images stretching back in space - lots of options.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Dec 11, 2009 at 5:42:22 pm

Thanks Mark! I was going to tweet you but I thought this might be a better place to post my question so others who have similar problems can ask. Plus there is the little limit of 140 characters.

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:02:41 pm

Ok, I have my card building upwards, but what I really want is the first card to hit the floor and all cards stack on top. Right now it looks like a big accordian falling to the ground. I have changed the layer's postion keyframe, but I don't think that is the solution.

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:14:57 pm

I think I figured it out. I added a third key frame and beziered it out.
Keyframes for the end point go in this sequence and seem to work.
0, 11309
-11.5, 8937.44
-23, 200

So the middle set is this huge number to slow things down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]