FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving keyframes in keyframe editor

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ellen Osborne
moving keyframes in keyframe editor
on Dec 10, 2009 at 2:37:36 am

If I want to move a keyframe (without changing any of the values) in the keyframe editor to a specific place in the timeline what's the easiest way to do it? I know I can click on the keyframe and slide it to the left or right, but it's hard not to change the x,y,z values. So how do I just tell the keyframe to move to a new spot on the timeline in the keyframe editor without dragging it. I know there is a way.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: moving keyframes in keyframe editor
on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:22:30 am

If you hold the shift key while you drag a keyframe it will only move horizontally or only vertically. Or you can cut & paste the keyframe.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

ellen Osborne
on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:40:58 am

Thanks for this. But for an instant I was trying to move a keyframe and a little message box popped up that said "move" and it had a timeline number in the box. But I don't remember what I was pressing or had clicked on when I got this box. Wondering what that was. Any idea? I think I'd like to know.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Dec 10, 2009 at 4:05:20 am

Easiest is to do this in the Timeline instead - just click the show/hide keyframes button at the bottom left, then you can drag them in time without any concern for changing values. You'll also be sure to drag all keyframes at a given frame because they are "bundled" together in one little icon.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

ellen Osborne
on Dec 10, 2009 at 4:45:28 am

See that's the thing. I only want to change the Z axis and not the y and x. I can drag it, but I'm wondering how I got that little box that said "move".

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 10, 2009 at 1:30:08 pm

[ellen] So how do I just tell the keyframe to move to a new spot on the timeline in the keyframe editor without dragging it

Click on the keyframe or select multiple keyframes. Then type how you want to move it. The second you type something the Move box will appear. For example, if you type 30. It will move the keyframe to frame 30. If you type + 30, it will move the keyframe 30 frames further down the timeline. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Dec 10, 2009 at 2:28:10 pm

You can also hold down the Shift key to constrain the movement to just vertical or just horizontal.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

ellen Osborne
on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:03:50 pm

This was the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Dec 10, 2009 at 2:11:30 pm

On the left hand side of the keyframe editor is a bar that lists all of the values that are keyframed. You may need to select the layer or object to see the proper values. Twirl down the disclosure triangle for a particular item and you can see individual X,Y,Z values. You can change it there.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]