FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion blur causing render errors and/or crashing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Parnell
Motion blur causing render errors and/or crashing
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:03:12 pm

Trying to render a 720p Motion project with motion blur... when I do a RAM preview it plays back fine, but as soon as I try to export it, it gives me these weird purple digital bits, or it will just crash. Tried exporting without motion blur, and it works fine. Tried trashing preferences, some different export codecs (prores, xdcam, image sequence), and no luck. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Sam Parnell
Editor, Red Productions
http://www.redproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Motion blur causing render errors and/or crashing
on Dec 7, 2009 at 11:17:12 pm

Howdy,

I'm not sure why your GPU (or the drivers) are getting overloaded, but that's what it looks like. Motion's motion blur is full-scene, i.e. a frame is rendered for every sample, so if you have it set to 8 samples, it renders 8 frames to blend for each finished frame. It sounds like your GPU is wigging out under that load.

If you can decrease the number of samples without compromising the look, you might try doing that. It's set in the project settings (Cmd+J).

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Motion blur causing render errors and/or crashing
on Dec 8, 2009 at 7:13:16 am

Have you tried resetting your (PRAM) and fixing permissions on your mac, then delete again Motion preferences and try rendering your movie.
Also try changing render settings which can be found under project properties press command+J and change the numbers of samples from 8 to say 16 and change the shutter angle to 500.

If all fails that means that one of your assets is corrupt, then you have to find which one it is and redo that part.
Sorry but I think this one is difficult to figure out over the interent.
Let me know what have you done please.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]