FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Tracking

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Broucke
Motion Tracking
on Dec 7, 2009 at 3:32:28 pm

Hi,
I have 2 shots. One shot is a moving train. The second shot is my and my frien who lay on the tracks without a moving train :). Now I would like to create the effect of the train passing by while we are beneath it.
Could anybody help me how to do this in motion?
Thanks a bunch

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion Tracking
on Dec 7, 2009 at 3:59:42 pm

wow, I can see this playing out many different ways depending on the angle. Can you post a still of the two different clips so we can take a look at them?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Tom Broucke
on Dec 7, 2009 at 4:10:38 pm

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/afbeelding2x.jpg/
Here's the link. It should be quite easy as the shot was taken from the same angle.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:51:59 pm

Cool, this will be a lot easier then what I was thinking. Are both shots moving? or are they static?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Tom Broucke
on Dec 7, 2009 at 9:31:17 pm

They are both static.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 7, 2009 at 10:47:06 pm

Awesome, this is going to be really cool. I would drop the clip of the people on top to the clip with the train. You may need to drop the opacity to the clip of the people to make sure it is lined up where the people are. Use the mask tool to create a mask along the tracks and the people so it sits on the other clip. Then mark a key frame for the mask control points when the train is about to hit the people. The go a few frames ahead of the timeline where the train completely covers up the people. Create another control point keyframe and move the control points to line up with the train. You may need to tweak some of the in-between keyframes but that will create the appearance as if the train is running them over. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Tom Broucke
on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:34:47 pm

Hi, thanks for your help. I encountered a lot of problems. The tripod wasn't very steady so there was a slight movement of the camera. The time span between both shots was to big so in one shot there are a lot of shadows, the other is rather shadowless. But we managed to pull it of. Here's the link:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]