FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paint Stroke color

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Capra
Paint Stroke color
on Dec 4, 2009 at 3:58:04 am

In Apple Motion, I create a Paint Stroke. I want to change the colors.. I want it to be a red stroke with a white tail. I change the colors under Inspector->Shape->Stroke... But it changes it only for one point in time. When I play it back over time, it morphs between the original colors and my new colors. How do I get to change the colors across the entire duration of the stroke?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Paint Stroke color
on Dec 4, 2009 at 4:14:48 am

Johathan,

You are probably trying to change the colors of one of the light streaks, I would guess. It's a little complicated, because their colors are keyframed. You need to go to the Shape tab of the Inspector, then to the Stroke pane - at the top is the Color Over Stroke parameter. Click the Animation menu (the diamond that will be solid or hollow, depending whether or not your playhead is parked on a keyframe), and choose Show In Keyframe Editor.

Now move the playhead to each keyframe and change all the colors at that point in time, then repeat at each keyframe. Note that it isn't strictly necessary to do this in the Keyframe Editor - you could just use the Animation menu to navigate to each keyframe or press Shift-K - but it does make it easier to see exactly what is going on.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Paint Stroke color
on Dec 4, 2009 at 8:33:47 am

HI There. The solution is in this video tutorial made by Andy Neail.
See this link; http://www.timesavertutorials.com/heart_rate.html

Particularly look the video tutorial around 2:00min and forward. Andy explains how to do change the colour to animated paint stroke in Motion.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]