FORUMS: list search recent posts

FIlter effect limited to object bounding box

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick McMurtry
FIlter effect limited to object bounding box
on Dec 2, 2009 at 2:32:34 am

Hi,
When I apply a filter that changes the size of an object, (e.g., distort->bulge), the domain of the effect of the filter is limited to the original bounding box size of the object. For example applying a distort filter to a small rectangle shape in an otherwise empty group. If I apply the filter to the group, same thing. However, If I add another object to the group, say a rectangle the size of my full frame and make it transparent, and apply the filter to the group, I get the effect I am looking for, that is, the distort of the original object can now expand in the full frame But of course the filter is also acting on this "fake" object I put in to make the filter work like I want. I've got to believe I am overlooking something simple and there is a better way to achieve this. My solution seems like a pretty brute force and contrived approach to make the influence of a filter on an object use the full frame.
Thanks, Pat

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Mark Spencer
Re: FIlter effect limited to object bounding box
on Dec 2, 2009 at 3:15:03 am

What you want to do is to set the group to fixed resolution (in the Group tab of the Inspector).

Groups by default expand or contract to the size of the objects they contain. By fixing the resolution to the size of the project, your filters will behave the way you want them to.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Patrick McMurtry
on Dec 2, 2009 at 5:16:30 am

Thanks for the simple solution!

Pat

Return to posts index

Robert Swift
on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:32:26 pm

I know it is generally considered poor form to post to a thread so long after it was created... but... I've just signed up here purely to say "thank you" this issue has been driving me nuts for a couple of days and I've not seemed to be able to pull together the right search terms to get what I needed...

So there it is, thanks, much appreciated, the air is no longer blue :)

Cheers - Robert...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]