FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drunk Motion Keyframes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hill
Drunk Motion Keyframes
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:33:27 pm

When I place on keyframe on some clips the keyframe does not fall where my playhead is. It falls between my playhead and the previous frame. On another clip in the same project it falls correctly.

Any suggestions on how I can stop this from happening - it's now the second time.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Drunk Motion Keyframes
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:47:58 pm

use the zoom time view tool to zoom out to the point where you can see bigger space between the frames. This should help you align things better.
this can be found at the bottom left hand side of the timeline pane.
look closely it has a slider that can be moved.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Nov 29, 2009 at 10:48:17 pm

How are you adding the keyframe?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

John Hill
on Nov 29, 2009 at 11:53:45 pm

I am adding a keyframe by going to the inspector and right clicking on a property such as rotation and choosing add keyframe. I have noticed at times on certain clips a keyframe will be placed to the left of the playhead and to the right of the previous "frame" line - in other words, in no man's land - no where that my playhead can reach since it moves frame to frame.

Thank you, Mark...

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Nov 29, 2009 at 11:54:38 pm

Very odd, I haven't seen this behavior myself. I'd suggest trashing preferences if you haven't already:

1) Quit Motion.
2) Navigate to User/Library/Preferences.
3) Locate com.apple.motion.plist and delete it.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

John Hill
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:53:50 pm

Thank you, Mark. I didn't mention before that this has happened to me before and I deleted the preferences and things went back to normal for a while. Then it happened again.

I deleted preferences but when I added new keyframes it was still happening on the same clip. However, when I imported the clip again, I didn't have a problem.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Drunk user?
on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:43:35 pm

[John Hill] "When I place on keyframe on some clips the keyframe does not fall where my playhead is. It falls between my playhead and the previous frame. On another clip in the same project it falls correctly. "

Only thing I can imagine causing this behavior is the timebase of your clip is different from the timebase of your project.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]