FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do I keep talking myself into trying Motion...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lyons
Why do I keep talking myself into trying Motion...
on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:32:49 am

Using Motion 3.02 8-core Mac Pro
May I vent? Every once in a while I am tempted by that nice little "Send to Motion..." option. Love the promise of Motion, it makes a lot of sense...but for the love of God why and where do the mysterious keyframes come from? This has always been a problem with Motion. Always.
Today for instance, I had two text layers inside of a group and wanted to grow both together, applied grow behavior to the group, using Impact font, a blur on text animation **OK pretty simple stuff, not rocket science. So I go ahead and export a quicktime matching my FCP sequence because I have come to distrust the erratic behavior of round tripping and for some reason about 3/4 through the animation 2 random CHARACTERS in one word jump up and then back in 3 frames.... geeeez . OK, so lets try the round-tripping method...OK now the AI file I had the text sitting on top of, which looked fine in Motion and in the FCP timeline until rendering. After rendering in FCP timeline the AI file is now inverted and green.

UGH! Thank you Automatic Duck Pro Import to AE....

Perhaps someone who has seen this in earlier versions can report better results in this last release of Motion?
Anyone?

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving. :)
j

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Why do I keep talking myself into trying Motion...
on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:23:42 pm

Sounds like you may have a graphics card issue - I use Send to Motion from FCP on a regular basis...

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Why do I keep talking myself into trying Motion...
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:54:53 pm

Motion has worked out great for me. I've created lots of projects with no issues at all. Click on this link to see a few examples of Real World Projects Using Motion. With the right set up like Mark pointed out, Motion can be an amazing application. Best of luck on your projects.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]