FORUMS: list search recent posts

keyframes married to timeline, not clips

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Varney
keyframes married to timeline, not clips
on Nov 19, 2009 at 4:13:58 pm

I have a text object to which I have animated a number of parameters, including a couple of filters. However, one of the animated parameters is causing some trouble.

For some reason the Style.Tracking parameter will not display in the keyframe editor curve list when I select the "animated". Additionally, when I move the layer within the timeline, all my keyframes for every other parameter move WITH the clip, maintaining their position relative to the clip as it moves back and forth within the timeline, but Style.Tracking stays where it is, as if it were married to the timeline and NOT to the clip. (And I have verified that the keyframes for this parameter are not 'locked').

So basically, whenever I need to move my layer in the timeline, I have to move it as I normally would, then go to the Inspector>Text>Properties>Format, where I have to go to the tracking parameter, right click on the keyframe button and select "Show in keyframe editor" to bring the style.tracking parameter up in the keyframe editor OR show ALL in the keyframe editor and dig through a list of hundreds of parameters to find it.

(Note: I have saved the curve set containing the style.tracking parameter, but that has to be done for each and every individual layer in which this applies).

Can anyone tell me why this one setting is married to the timeline and not to the clip/layer? Is it a bug, or have I flipped a setting option somewhere that I'm not aware of?

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]