FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Text Effects Not working in Motion 3

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Philip
Photoshop Text Effects Not working in Motion 3
on Nov 15, 2009 at 5:33:34 pm

I'm trying to import text layers with effects from Photoshop CS2 into Motion 3, but none of the effects aren't working. Such as a title with the fill completely removed while adding a white stroke.

I've even added flourish type of brushes that were originally black but made an effect change to an off white. Yes, I know I can change the master one first but trying to get Motion to see the "effects".

I already tried rasterizing the brushes and text and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thx

Return to posts index

Frank Philip
Re: Photoshop Text Effects Not working in Motion 3
on Nov 15, 2009 at 6:06:35 pm

I figured it out. I dragged every layer that has text effects or layer effects on brushes from the PSD file from within Photoshop (individually) onto a new document and merged layers while maintaining transparency. Then I dragged it back into my composite and deleted the original layer with effects.

I hope this helps someone!

http://www.greenirisstudios.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 15, 2009 at 8:03:24 pm

Yeah any sort of Photoshop effects generally need to be rendered or rasterized in Photshop, before dragging into motion. It basically imports the alpha channel and the layers, but not much in the way of Photoshop native effects.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

eyal Shtark
on Nov 15, 2009 at 9:57:30 pm

If you want to keep the photoshop file editable then just convert the text layers into smart objects.
in this way your files will look fine in motion and you can always go back into photoshop to edit them.

Eyal.

Eyal Shtark
Exhibitions and Multi-Media
Team Leader

Advertising department
ISCAR LTD.
Tel. +972-4-9970371
Fax. +972-4-9970422
Email: eyal@iscar.co.il

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved