FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Production Company intro for Beginners

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Draughn
A Production Company intro for Beginners
on Nov 13, 2009 at 8:47:52 am

Im looking to make a video intro for my production company (Itchy Dog Productions). Im completely dedicated to doing this product on my own and really don't know where to get started. I know that a ton of tutorials are available for Motion but I honestly dont know where to start. I want to have a dog scooting his ass across the screen and leaving Itchy Dog Productions behind him in a streak of text. Any guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: A Production Company intro for Beginners
on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:14:16 pm

Are you serious? That sounds gross... But if you insist- you shoot a real dog dragging itself and then you use a keyframed alpha channel to reveal your logo as the dog moves. But unless you're doing ultimate fighting videos or beer commercials I think that concept will turn off a lot more would-be clients than you'd like.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Nov 14, 2009 at 6:19:07 am

I'm with Noah on your visual.
How about a dog scratching behind his ear,flicking the letters that spell out your name towards the camera.
That would be pretty easy to build.

Return to posts index

Brian Draughn
on Nov 14, 2009 at 10:42:13 pm

Ok. I was thinking the dog would be a lot more animated than real. How can I make a cartoon dog move across the screen?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 15, 2009 at 8:04:23 pm

You want a cartoon dog dragging it's ass? Hire a 3D animator. I'd just hire a real dog, at least you'll be lauded for the authentic gross out factor.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:19:45 pm

If you go with the Real Dog but want it to look like a cartoon check out the "Color Reduce" Filter. It is really cool at giving video a vector look. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]