FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion keyers

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
motion keyers
on Nov 9, 2009 at 1:51:13 am

Motion won't import keyed clips, and the keyer in motion is as good as useless. so i was wondering if there are any plug ins available for keying in motion and if so what one would be the best?

thanks for any info!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: motion keyers
on Nov 9, 2009 at 2:52:05 pm

I'd suggest doing this in another program. Motion's strength is not keying by a long shot. I'd suggest doing it in FCP, Shake, Nuke, After Effects, etc.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Nov 9, 2009 at 3:38:39 pm

[anthony Faulkner] "Motion won't import keyed clips, and the keyer in motion is as good as useless. "

I have no problems importing keyed clips but my definition is obviously different from yours.
I'm with Noah, create chromakeys in After Effects at least.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:33:25 pm

see this link please maybe it will help you.
http://borisfx.cachefly.net/borisfx/download_files/motionkey.m4v

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:35:30 pm

Also see this works with FCP. This is the best one as far as I know. http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/pkg_overview.aspx?ui=76B1D869-EA48-4D89-8F13-FD...

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Nov 9, 2009 at 6:38:47 pm

Howdy,

For what it's worth, I've found dvMatte Pro to be excellent for broadcast (non-film) work. It's an FxPlug, so it runs very fast and the same version loads in both FCP and Motion. Give the demo a try, found in the 'Samples' section of the link above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]